- Driving License
- Auto Accessories
- Auto Component Manufacturer
- Auto Shows
- Automobile Components
- Automobile Finance
- Automobile Industry
- Automobile Insurance
- Automobile Loans
- Buss Query
- Car Prices
- Commercial Vehicles
- Consumer Guide
- India Automotive
- Maintenance Tips
- Petrol Pumps India
- Service Centers
- Three Wheelers
- Two Wheelers
- Used Cars
Car Driving License
Car Driving License is the essential document to be able to drive on the Indian roads. With so many vehicles plying across the roads in India and the world, the number of accidents and resultant casualties has increased alarmingly. According to the latest annual statistics, more than 80,000 people die every year of road accidents which amounts to an economic loss of around Rs 3,500 crores. To keep a check on this, Driving License has been made a mandatory document. It not only ensures that the person driving a car is an expert doing the twists and turns on the road, but also makes sure that accidents remain minimum throughout the year.
A Car Driving License in India can be obtained in two simple steps:
- Procuring a Learner's Driving License
- Procuring a Permanent Driving License
How to procure a Learner's Driving License: The person interested in obtaining a Learner's Driving License is required to personally appear before the Licensing Authority. The following documents are required while applying for a Learner's Driving License:
- Application Form No. 2 (available from the department)
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Residence
- 3 recent passport size photographs of the applicant
- Fees of Rs.15/- for each class of vehicle
- Medical Certificate in Form No. 1A (wherever applicable). An application for a medical certificate (Form No. 1A) shall also contain a declaration in Form No - 1.
- Applicant applying for Transport Vehicle License must produce his/her Permanent Driving License for Light Motor Vehicle at least for one year, medical certificate in Form 1A and he/she should be a minimum of 20 years of age. Along with the above documents, one is also required to pass a test on basic traffic signs and driver's responsibilities. When an applicant clears all these tests, he/she is issued a Learner's Driving License which remains valid for six months from the date of its issuing. This license can be renewed after its validity has expired for another six months. How to procure a Permanent Driving License One is required to fill up Form No. 4 to procure a Permanent License. The following documents need to be submitted along with Form No. 4 while applying for the Permanent Driving License:
- Valid Learner's Driving License of the vehicle, for which the applicant is applying for a Permanent License.
- Three recent passport size photos of the applicant.
- Fee as mentioned in Rule 32 (CMV Rules), for test of competence to drive and issue a license.
- Medical certificate in Form No. 1A wherever applicable. An application for medical certificate (Form No.1A) shall also contain a declaration in Form No. 1.
- A Driving Certificate in Form No. 5 in case of transport license.
Furthermore, to obtain a Permanent Driving License, the applicant is required to take a test on driving that particular vehicle for which he has applied. Also, he is required to clear the test and prove that he is well versed in driving that particular vehicle. One who is not possessinga Car drivers license while driving he may be fined or challaned.